Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sorry to Leave You Hangin...

I've been feeling bad/sick again.  The day after our geocaching adventure my youngest son got sick.  He woke up with a nasty cough and was kind enough to give it to me.  I've been trying to recover, but haven't had the energy to blog (or go near my desktop computer).  I'm not feeling better, but wanted to blog to tell you about my sports injury that I received Friday night.  This is how you know that you're getting old.  I pulled a muscle in my upper arm (near my shoulder) playing baseball on the Wii.


Insert laughs here...  I'm pretty embarrassed.  I meant to look up on the internet which muscle it is, because it's very localized and small (above the bicep).  I'm not familiar with it.  The "funny" thing is, that I can't lift things (including my arm/hand) up past my shoulder without resistance (and pain).  I imagine there's something I could do for it to speed along my recovery, but it doesn't bother me (until I need to lift something).  


Our family plays on our Wii every night after dinner and before bed.  Hands down our favorite game is the one that came with the game system:  Wii Sports Resort.  We can't get enough of it and I highly recommend it. 


I took my son to the doctor's office last Thursday because it seemed like he was getting better, but then he started coughing again.  She said it was most likely a virus, but gave me a prescription for antibiotics, just in case it persisted and he started getting a fever.  Out of sheer desperation, I finally filled my prescription for antibiotics to see if that would help me feel better.  I've only been taking it for a couple days and haven't noticed a difference, but I'm hoping and praying to start feeling better SOON!


I've given up on trying to clean up our master bedroom in time for the Terminix-guy who's scheduled for this Wed.   I don't know WHAT I was thinking when I gave myself two weeks to clean it up!  I know that if I felt better, I could totally do it, but right now, I just don't have the energy.  The good news is that I cut down my anti-depressant to a half-pill and my "excessive" sleepiness has diminished.  The bad news is, I'm still depressed :O(  I know, I know these things take time to get in your "system."  I'm not expecting to be cured yet, but I was hoping that I'd be feeling a bit "less" depressed.  Boy, I really use "quotation" marks a lot, don't I?


I'll try not to be a stranger!


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.