Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Clutter Galore!

Okay, I'm going to get real about my "clutter" issues.  Not that I haven't "gotten real" about them in the past, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, "Enough is enough!"  I realize that when my husband reads this, he will be saying, "THAT'S what I've been trying to tell you!" 


I've given myself two weeks once again to get another room in my house cleaned up.  This time it's my master bedroom/bathroom.  Due to my last two-week deadline to get the main parts of the house clean, my bedroom has taken the brunt of the junk that I stashed to be able to have friends over on Dec. 17th.  (tecnically, so has my garage, but that's for another post.)  See more about those posts HERE  and   HERE.  My incentive this time is NOT as much fun for me as hosting a Christmas Party.  


Sometime last fall I ended our relationship with Terminix which took care of keeping our house termite and pest-free.  We had two separate contracts with them:  one for the termites, the other for pests.  Believe it or not, even though we live in Florida, our house that was built in the mid-80's was built using a wood frame, not concrete block.  So termites are quite common in our neighborhood of wood-frame houses.  Even before we moved in our house had a small termite problem, it was treated, then we moved in.  We've had Terminix ever since.  


But... this past year had been exceptionally difficult for us financially and when Terminix said our rates were going up...  I cut bait and bailed.  Really, what's more important groceries and gas money (not to mention paying mortgage and bills) or Pest Control and Termite Protection?  It seemed like a no-brainer.  So in December, someone from Corporate Terminix called up to woo us back.  She sweetened the deal nicely and made it more feasible for our family's budget.  I decided to definitely get the termite service back although the pest control deal wasn't as alluring.  I can buy a can of Raid and do it myself!  


So I agreed to have an inspector from Terminix come to the house and tap on the baseboards with a golf club modified at the bottom with a golf ball instead of a piece of metal that you would use to hit the ball with (no idea what that part is called.)  I assumed that I could probably have my house cleaned in time for the visit which was last week, but when push came to shove, it didn't happen.  I've felt so miserable for so long, I haven't had the energy to clean out our bedroom.  Until now!  Needless to say, I cancelled the appt. last week and told the same guy who usually does these inspections when he came to our door to just do the outside of the house, we'd re-schedule for the inside.  That's when he told me that he couldn't do JUST the outside, so he left.  I told him he wouldn't want to come into our house because our whole family was sick, which was true, I wouldn't submit any of my friends to a house full of sick-germs, so why a semi-stranger?


Today the same lady called back and asked when I could re-schedule the appointment.  I looked at the calender and decided two weeks from now would be an exciting adventure in kicking some clutter out to the curb.  I needed an incentive to get the bedroom cleaned up, and now I've gotten it.  Stick around for the updates!


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.