Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ahh... Warm Weather...

Today it got up to 70 degrees here.  It's a heat wave folks!  Even though I was feeling crummy again today, I wanted to take full advantage of the semi-nice day we were having.  After church and then lunch I told the kids we could go to one of our favorite parks to play.  I had to make a stop at Sam's Club first, which delayed our trip to the park a little.  Oh, and before leaving for Sam's Club, I had to first make out a list/menu of the items needed for the upcoming week's worth of dinners.  I am realizing that this might be TMI (too much information) so, if I'm rambling, please feel free to skip to the next paragraph.


The kids and I enjoyed our visit to the park and the fresh air.  I haven't felt like going outside in a while because I felt yucky and because of the freezing cold weather we've been having.  Me no likey.  I was able to semi-successfully (without too many interruptions) talk on my cell phone the entire time we were at the park!  Not that I tried to be on the phone the entire time, it just happens that way when I'm talking to my good friend, Lisa.  Seriously, we just go on, and on, and on, and on...  I had no idea it had been just over an hour when I told the kids we were done and it was time to go. 


I found out two awesome things I can do with my iPhone this week.  One is that I can watch movies via Netflix (with subscription) and two is that I can talk to friends/family via Skype with my iPhone.  I have used Skype in the past, but never had a camera for my computer, so I didn't get to use it very often.  So, if you don't have an iPhone and want to see me while we talk, LMK (let me know).  


Last week I found a cool iPhone app called relish that has semi-gourmet recipes and you can pick out 5 for the week and get the shopping list on your phone.  The best news is this app is free for a month (which I'm just trying now) AND that you can access their entire website (with previous weeks' recipes) via their website.  So to print out a recipe I went to their website where they have lots more going on than the app offers.  


Update on the Christmas tree...  I didn't take it down Saturday night OR last night... my husband has been feeling just as bad or worse than I have and to spare me his sick germs has chosen to sleep on the couch those two nights.  Right next to the Christmas tree.  So... I'll wait until he's feeling better I guess.  Another reason I don't want to do it when the kids are awake is because they want to leave it up year-round too.  I'll get too much whining and "helping" and I don't have enough energy to fight them right now.  I'd just roll over and play dead while they dismantle the tree singlehandedly. 


Goodnight for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.