Sunday, December 5, 2010

Update (on my Challenge)

Well, the first night of "work" on the kitchen, was cut short due to my sleepiness.  I was able to do some but not all of the dishes.  Not that there's a whole lot in there right now (compared to usual).  I'm a bit disappointed in myself, but I did get some other stuff done, I just can't remember now what it was...  pretty sad, huh?  


My day today was packed.  I got about 4 1/2 hours sleep  because I got up at 6:00 a.m.  I was going to just turn off my alarm and go back to sleep, but then I remembered that I had set the coffee maker to brew my coffee at 6.  That was my motivation to get out of bed!  So I fixed my coffee the way I like it (lots of sugar and half and half!) and downed two cups of coffee (in my eco-friendly ceramic cup with a silicone sleeve and lid, so it's like it was just ONE cup of coffee).  That gave me the energy to get moving...  


I have been putting off coloring my hair for too long, so I did it this morning (before church).  Yes, I know, pretty crazy, but I was desperate.  My hair grows really fast and I have lots of grays to cover.  I may be vain, but I just don't feel old enough to go gray.  My husband says I should just live with it (my gray hairs), but I keep telling him that I won't go ALL gray until I'm a grandma.  I guess I just don't feel old, so why look it?


Then I had a very brief prayer-time before the kids woke up.  Finished up my hair and made breakfast.  Got ready for church.  At church today I was a volunteer in the preschool section with the three and four-year olds.  I volunteer on the first and third Sundays of each month.  So I needed to be ready to memorize my "lines" and entertain those youngsters.  I don't know if I did a very good job sticking to the script, but I KNOW I definitely entertained those kiddos (and the adult helpers in the room!)  I'm pretty good at acting goofy with little kids...  Yeah, it's a gift.


Then after church on the way home we stopped and filled up our water jugs at the Publix/Glacier water dispenser that's outside of our water company's territory.  I just realized that I'm going on and on about the details of my day, and this is getting boring.  I don't have enough time to fill you in on EVERYthing.  So I'll condense, for everyone's sake.


We ate lunch, watched TV until it was time to leave for our Sunday small group.  Got home from small group, ate dinner, tucked in kids and am typing on my blog about my day today....  Well, we've caught up to real time.  Whew!


I'm SO tired from my lack of a decent night's sleep last night, I'm pretty useless for cleaning tonight.  I'm pretty mad at myself for not doing SOMEthing to help me reach my goal of a clean and clutter-free house for my Christmas party on Dec. 17th.  I will try to make up for it tomorrow, after my OTHER small group meeting and after I tuck the kids in to bed!  Sounds like a plan!


WAIT!  Before I forget... This Tuesday (12/7) from 4-8 p.m. in Tampa, the Glazer Children's Museum will have FREE admission.  The free admission is a special promotion with Target.  It is after the museum's regular operating hours.  It is only on the FIRST Tuesday of the month, through March.  TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW (if you live in the Tampa Bay area).  It should be a blast!  We'll be there!  Click on the Museum link above for more details!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.