Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Going To Bed Early Tonight!

The kids and I just got back from our "field trip" to the Glazer Children's Museum in Tampa.  They have free admission from 4-8 pm on the first Tuesday of each month through March.  The promotion began in November, but one of the boys (I can't remember who) started getting sick that day and we had to cancel our plans.


I was not that impressed with the two-story "museum."  It seemed to be copying Great Explorations in St. Pete in every exhibit!  I would be embarrassed to have my brand new museum be identical to the older one in St. Pete (across the bay).  We arrived right at 4:00 and luckily didn't have to wait in a line outdoors.  The place was PACKED!  I seriously think they were over capacity and didn't make any effort to slow the tide of people entering the "museum."  The only parts that differentiated it from Great Explorations was a very large water-play area (like a water table, similar to Great Explorations, but HUGE!)  Nearby they had a "sand pit" that had "sand" consisting of tan-colored rubber cut into tiny pieces.  That was interesting.  The only other thing that was different was a water cycle climbing thingie.  It's hard to explain, you'd have to see a picture of it.  I might have one, but I can't remember.  If so, I'll post it tomorrow.


I was able to get about 1 1/2 hours sleep this morning and a one hour nap after lunch, and I'm hurting big time.  I vacuumed this morning and I am pleased with my progress so far.  My husband agreed to tuck in the kids so that I could (post this) and get to bed.  I really appreciate that, thanks honey!


Goodnight!

1 comment:

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.