Saturday, December 4, 2010

CHALLENGE!

Yes, it is a challenge.  I'm challenging myself and hopefully tricking my brain into doing some cleaning 'round these parts.  My challenge consists of a goal or event to look forward to, to get me motivated to get my house presentable for guests.  I tried to get my parents to come and visit during Christmas, but they will most likely be tied up with home remodeling.  There is still a chance that they can drive down from IL, but I'm not sure when I'll get a confirmation.  My youngest brother and his new bride (of a year) were going to come down and stay nearby over Christmas, but their plans fell through due to one of their new kittens getting hit by a car.  He's alive, but racked up some costly vet bills.  


So that leads me to my crazy idea:  the challenge.  I am extending an invitation to anyone who is reading this and who is in driving distance of my house, to come over for a Christmas party at MY HOUSE on Friday, December 17th.  I realize that a lot of people might already have plans for that night, but if you don't, come on over and check out my progress.  I promise I won't back out even if my house isn't as presentable as I had hoped (this could happen).  That means I have two weeks (approx.) to get my house cleaned up.  My invite is open to ladies only, sorry guys (I don't think many guys read my blog anyway) and no kiddos, just mommies.  I will have some yummy treats and (non-alcoholic) beverages here, and ask if you would bring either an appetizer or a dessert to share.


My plan on getting my house "in order," if you will, is to stay up each night after the kiddies are in bed for at least a few hours (maybe more) until I can tame this unruly beast which is my clutter.  You all (my loyal readers) will be my accountability partners to make sure I complete this somewhat daunting task.  I'll admit, I'm not sure if I can do this, but I CAN'T WAIT to have friends over once again.  It's been a long time :O(


If you want to come, leave me a comment and let me know if you're bringing an appetizer or dessert.  Thanks for being my friend/accountability partner!
Signing off now, to get busy on the kitchen!
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.