Thursday, October 28, 2010

Update(s)

I  wanted to say thank you for your prayers for my boys...  they are both doing better.  My youngest that had the fever for a few days has been fever-free for a couple of days now.  His older brother's congestion hasn't turned into an ear infection (at least he hasn't complained of ear aches) and his congestion is lessening.  


On the other hand...  I have felt like I'm coming down with a cold, so instead of blogging the past two nights, I opted for sleep instead.  It's too bad I didn't get to sleep in my own bed though.  Mental note, "get a cot or similar for the boys' room."  My body can not take another night of sleeping on the floor in the boys' room.  Last night I started out in my daughter's room (she has a futon in there temporarily, for me to sleep on).   She said when I was tucking her in that she needed me to stay in her room until she fell asleep because she was having a recurring bad dream.  I said I would and then I had planned on moving to the couch (which would be convenient for me to get up at 5 am for my workout).  But my oldest son had other plans for my sleeping arrangements. 


At around 3 am, he came into her room and said he had just had a bad dream and asked if I could sleep in his room.  I said I would since I thought it would only be for a couple hours anyway.  But when 5 am came around and my alarm went off, I WAS SOOO TIRED (and uncomfortable) that I convinced myself that I needed more sleep and moved into my bedroom (after an hour of rolling back and forth on the floor, debating whether or not I should just do my exercise DVD.)  After deciding I would just deal with the guilt, I ended up sleeping until about 8 am and felt much better than before.  


After a day off from my workout DVD (I had done workouts Mon-Wed) I feel much better.  I was EXTREMELY sore yesterday, and only mildly today.  So tomorrow morning I'll totally ROCK that exercise DVD!


Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you opted for sleep! You obviously needed it and giving your body a rest between workouts gives your muscles a chance to heal from the previous session and grow stronger! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.