Thursday, August 19, 2010

Treading Water

This week has been my week to stay at home.  Last week was just the opposite.  I've crossed off a few things on my "cleaning check list."  But I'm getting a bit frustrated.  I guess like someone on a diet who is hitting a plateau.  There are some days when I make a big stride by clearing out an area or organizing a big pile of things, but other days when I can only check off one tiny thing, like today:  cleared off 1/4 of my desk.  


I was desperately looking for my Kohl's coupon that came in the mail a couple weeks ago.  I never pulled the gift card-looking coupon off the mailer to put it in my purse as I would normally do.  Instead I set it down somewhere, and I couldn't remember where.  I searched high and low.  Last night I was up very late going through stacks of newspapers/mail looking for it, but didn't find it.  Today I thought I'd give it one more try.  Because it's worth TEN DOLLARS!  I was excited to be able to see a quarter of the top of my desk, but sad that there was no mailer from Kohl's in that corner of my desk.  


There was one pile of "stuff" that I hadn't checked because I didn't think it would be in there.  It was a "newer" pile that wasn't very big.  I looked down at it and saw a tiny edge of the mailer sticking out.  I was SO happy!  I loaded up the kids in the car and headed over to the closest Kohl's to buy a new bath mat for the guest bathroom.  I found one on sale for $7.99 (originally $19.99), but needed the total to equal $10 to use the $10 off coupon.  So the kids followed me all over the store while I looked for something that I could by that was at least $2.01.  I settled on a 24 pack of silly bands on sale for $3.50 which meant that my grand total out of pocket was $1.59.  


I still haven't found the elusive library book.  I'm pretty frustrated.  With the exception of my messy bedroom, I've checked every other conceivable spot where it could be.


We'll see how my tomorrow goes...  Hopefully it will be more productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.