Thursday, August 5, 2010

A new look!

Today my daughter and I went to my friend Joy's salon and got our hair cut.  
My 7-year old daughter documented my transformation while patiently waiting for it to be her turn.  We had both decided on getting a "bob" hair cut.  I wanted an inverted bob cut and she wanted a regular straight-across bob cut.  Here's her before...
and during...

We were able to save her ponytail to donate her hair to a needy cause.  I haven't checked out where we can send it yet though.
She's holding her ponytail, but you can't see it that well.  We had a fun time hanging out together, I look forward to doing more mommy and me days like this when she gets older:  spa days, manicure/pedicure visits, etc...  You know, girlie stuff.

In the morning we went over to a friend's house to swim.  We had a wonderful time!  Then home to eat lunch, then drive to the hair salon.  

After getting back home (with a $5 pizza for dinner) we ate and I got the kids down for bed.  Then I left for Sam's Club to get there before 8:30 when it closes.  I HAD to buy some half and half for my coffee tomorrow!  I made it in plenty of time, but was nervously driving during lots of thunder and lightning (the rain was still southeast of us).  Then to Publix (before it closed) then to Walgreen's on my way to Target and finished up at Wal-Mart that stays open 24 hours!  I got home around 11:30.


I know, I know, I had two non-cleaning/decluttering days in a row.  I'm feeling pretty guilty.  Tomorrow I still need to hit this cute little produce stand near the Wal-Mart, so I can stock up on some locally grown produce.  


For tomorrow, I hope to do my laundry (it's piling up now!) and find that stupid library book.  It wasn't on my desk.  I didn't have the time or energy to clean my desk last night.  I just lifted everything up, put it in one big pile and set it back down.  I was able to see that the book was NOT on my desk.  


I'm so tired I think I'm going to bed with the tiny, little hairs still all over me.  You know you're tired when... (you do that!)  Tomorrow I'll wash and style my hair and then give you a better picture of it.


P.S.  I walked a mile this morning on the treadmill.  I worked up a good sweat! 

2 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look BEYOND AMAZING! You both do!! The transformation is so gorgeous I am speechless! Not wordless apparently but wow, wow, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, You are too kind. I'll have to venture out of my house and walk on over and let you see it in PERSON!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.