Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Clean kitchen? Check!

I am THRILLED to report that today I conquered my kitchen!  Thanks to a good friend who distracted me beautifully while I was doing the mindless task of dishes this morning, I was able to finally get my kitchen cleaned.  Thanks Lisa!  I realize that that statement might be a little vague to some people.  I imagine the average person is thinking, "How difficult is it to clean your kitchen?" right?  Well, I'm far from average and due to multiple reasons (and excuses) I have been (pretty consistently) unable to keep my kitchen clean (due to the dirty dishes- mainly pots and pans and things I don't use that often).  These things get piled up and then ignored by me and surprisingly, my husband.  We shift them around to prepare meals or cook on the crowded stovetop and even after a clean kitchen experience like today, it eventually ends up overflowing with dirty dishes.  Even after I swear up and down that I'm NEVER going to let THAT happen AGAIN!  


It's mainly due to my lack of routines.  I need to be more disciplined and follow some new house rules, like:  QUICKLY do the dishes RIGHT AFTER a meal (schedule time for this)  It's like a gift to myself, having a clean kitchen ALL the time.  It allows me to prepare incredible home-made recipes for my family encouraging us to eat more healthy meals (than pre-packaged, pre-prepared frozen meals).   I really do LOVE having a clean house, that is, once I can GET it clean.  I then have a difficult time KEEPING it clean.  I am hoping that with this blog I will have some accountability and  you guys can keep me on my toes!


Along the lines of accountability... I thought that I would make up a schedule for this week with one major task to complete each day and then report back to you in the evening/early morning hours my progress.  You will be my accountability partners and please feel free to ask me any questions you might have about any part of this.


Here's my schedule (I'm making this up RIGHT now)
Monday:  KITCHEN... check!
Tuesday:  MY DESK (and laundry)
Wednesday:  PILE OF "STUFF" IN OUR ENTRYWAY (getting a haircut that day too!)
Thursday:  DINING ROOM (finish what I had already started)
Friday:  BATHROOMS (2)


During this time (before Aug. 5) I need to locate a kids' library book because it's due and after achieving all of this stuff this week I want to FINALLY paint the guest bathroom (long story).  I already have the primer and paint.


Then next week, I want to (besides paint the bathroom), finish making the lined curtains for my daughter's room and the boys' room.  Then I will focus on cleaning up/de-cluttering our bedroom, walk-in closet and my stuff in the garage.  I will NOT be able to achieve all of those things in ONE week, but those are some of the things I would like to have completed before I can invite someone over (for inspection, not really, but it will be kind of, if they read this blog!)

So help me to be accountable.  Hold my feet to the fire.  I'm ready to make a change for the better.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a GREAT job soo far. Keep up the awesome work! I'm very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.