Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And then came... reality.

My CLEAN kitchen!

Today I had "high hopes" for not only reaching my goals (outlined in yesterday's post) but for exceeding themNeedless to say, I fell flat on my face (not literally).  I couldn't check one thing off my Tuesday's TO DO list. 

I think I will have to set more realistic goals having a down day in between productive days.  I am disappointed in myself for not cleaning off my desk or doing laundry today.  I figure it's kind of like a diet.  I ate a little too much ice cream and went off my schedule for losing weight, but I have to get back to the diet without beating myself up too badly.  I need to cut myself some slack.

My day started off pretty good.  I got up at 6 with fresh coffee automatically brewed for me (programmed it last night).  I was bummed that I didn't have any half and half creamer in the house (used it up the morning before).  I just started drinking coffee last month.  Before then, I had no desire to drink it.  Long story, I'll save for another post.  My husband suggested using milk instead of the half and half, so I did.  Ewww.  It was NOT the same.  My wonderfully flavored coffee was not enjoyable, but I choked it down to get it over with.  I've found the caffeine benefits from coffee are very helpful for me to be productive in my cleaning endeavors.

I had some quiet time reading my Bible and praying while everyone slept.  Then I did some exercises to target my "trouble zones."  And before I could get in the shower, my boys woke up.  It was AMAZING!  They slept in until 7:30.  They usually get up at 6:30.  So, I passed on the shower, had breakfast and then drove to a friend's house to pick up a FREE TREADMILL!  Sorry to get so excited here, I don't mean to brag that I now have a treadmill, but I am ecstatic!!!!!!  Our family had cancelled our membership to the YMCA last December when our finances were starting to get REALLY tight.  It wasn't until Feb. that I found the "exercise channel" (that's what I like to call it) on Bright House Networks it's channel 353.  It's really called Exercise TV on demand (its a free on demand station). 
 
 Anyway I started working out at home and lost some weight, went on a diet (it was awful) and felt good about myself.  Then after a while I slowly stopped working out (can't remember why?)  Wow.... I really got off topic there.  I feel so blessed to be able to walk in the air-conditioned comfort of my living room while watching some "mommy shows" (that's anything that's not a cartoon!)  The treadmill works great and I can't wait to use it tomorrow morning!  Thank you Jennifer!
 So, I didn't start laundry at all (except I sorted it).  I have a significant pile of stained clothing that I need to pre-treat before washing.  A large amount of the stained clothing is children's underwear.  My 7 year old and almost 5 year old think it's a waste of time to wipe their bottoms after sitting on the potty.  I'm sorry if that's too much information, but I'm at my wits end.  So with my "all or nothing" personality, I subconsciously decided I didn't have time to stain-treat and still do other stuff (besides laundry).  I like to do my laundry during the day so I can save money by putting the clothes outside on the line to dry (our dryer is not efficient).

I didn't touch the piles on my desk either.  That includes looking for the library book that I'm pretty sure is on my desk (the kids pile stuff on it when I'm not looking).  Here's a photo of my desk.
 I also wanted to go grocery shopping today for the week since I was unable to go over the weekend.  So I started a list and gathered my coupons.  Went through the Sunday paper (finally) to see if there were any good coupons, and there were.  Cut all of those out, then sorted my coupon organizer that I keep in my purse.  Took out the old coupons (which I'm saving to send to soldiers and their families serving oversees.  They get 6 extra months to use our stateside expired coupons!)  On the millitary bases they can use American manufacturers coupons!  I found a website that has the addresses on where to send them and some tips.  I have not been to this site before, so I'm not necessarily endorsing it, just using the millitary coupon information on this page.  You can view it here.  I've only recently started saving my expired coupons and have not sent them before, but I'll keep you updated on how it goes!


I wanted to get to bed early tonight, so I'm going to clear off my desk and frantically search for that library book about TRANSFORMERS (not the electrical kind, the transforming robot kind).


Good night!

2 comments:

  1. The kitchen looks amazing! Go Laura! That's how I remember that room looking. =) Also, I'm glad you posted the picture of your desk...now it'll be even more exciting when you get it done and can post the after pics.

    Thanks for picking up the stroller for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitchen looks amazing! Laura, you have been working so hard and been so transparent about it along the way. I am in awe of you and I am so excited to see what you do next. Oh, and life happens. Don't worry so much about staying on your schedule. You are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say about my new blog. Leave me a comment.